Executive and Project Category Awards Announced at ISE® Central Executive Forum and Awards Gala on June 6, 2012
Atlanta, GA (March 20, 2012) –T.E.N., a technology and information security executive networking and relationship-marketing firm announced that nominations have closed for the ISE® Central Awards 2012. Finalists and winners of the ISE® Awards for both Executive and Project categories will be announced at the ISE® Central Executive Forum and Awards Gala on June 6, 2012 at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel, Dallas.
Executives nominated for the ISE® Central Award in the Executive category are defined as information security leaders who improve their organization’s risk management, data asset protection, privacy and network security efforts while proactively implementing security technology and processes. Judges evaluated these leading nominees based on the following criteria: responsibilities, aligning security with the business, leadership, future vision, applying innovation, and building technology partnerships. Nominees include:
- Zulfi Ahmed, Global CISO, PepsiCo
- Mario Chiock, Global Chief Cyber Security Authority, Schlumberger
- Rafael Diaz, CISO, Central Management Services, State of Illinois
- Dan Doggendorf, CISO, Gamestop
- Scott Howitt, Director of IT Risk and Capacity Management, J.C. Penney
- Vickie Miller, Senior Director of Information Security, FICO
- Lamont Orange, VP of Enterprise Security, Charter Communications
- Lee Parrish, Vice President & Chief Security Officer, Parsons Corp.
- Tim Stanley, Director, Information and Infrastructure Security, Waste Management
The ISE® Central Award in the Project category garnered an outstanding range of information security projects that were deployed and completed in the last 12-18 months and have had the greatest positive impact within their organization. Judges evaluate projects based on scope, defined goals, ability to execute and overall results achieved for the organization. Nominees and their project titles include:
- Beaumont Health System: Translating an ISO-Based Risk Management Program into an Information Security Roadmap
- Sallie Mae: Sallie Mae’s Enterprise-wide Continuous Monitoring and Vulnerability Management Program Evolution
- State of Illinois: Data Classification and Protection
- Waste Management: Information Protection
“This year we celebrate the TENth anniversary of the ISE® Programs performing an integral role in recognizing the importance of IT security professionals. They are a testimony to an industry that has grown exponentially through the outstanding practices of the people working in it,” said Marci McCarthy, CEO and President of T.E.N. Eligible nominees are selected from the U.S. central region including Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Nominations are sent to T.E.N.’s distinguished panel of ISE® judges for review and scoring. Judges have the final approval in determining whether an executive or project team is qualified to participate as a nominee at either the regional or national level. Finalists and winners are not announced publicly until the evening of the awards.
The ISE® Central Distinguished Panel of Judges for this year’s awards include:
- James Beeson, CISO, GE Capital
- Richard E. Burk, Vice President of IT Operation, AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group
- Doug Jacoby, CISO, Baker Hughes
- Gene Scriven, CISO and Vice President, Sabre Holdings
- John R. South, CSO, Heartland Payment Systems
- Julie Talbot-Hubbard, CISO, Ohio State University
T.E.N., a national technology and security executive networking organization, facilitates peer-to-peer relationships between top executives, industry visionaries and solutions providers. Nominated for numerous industry awards, T.E.N.’s executive leadership programs enable information exchange, collaboration and decision-making. Their flagship program, the nationally acclaimed Information Security Executive® (ISE®) of the Year Program Series and Awards, is the nation’s largest leadership recognition and networking program for security professionals. Other offerings include the Software Security Assurance Summit Series and the ISE® Industry Expert Advisory Services, empowering IT solutions providers to gain access to highly credentialed IT business veterans’ expertise. For information, visit www.ten-inc.com and www.iseprograms.com