Atlanta, GA (June 10, 2011) –T.E.N., a technology and information security executive networking and relationship-marketing firm announced that nominations have closed for the ISE® West Awards 2011. Finalists and winners of the Information Security Executive® Awards for both Executive and Project categories will be announced at the ISE® West Executive Forum and Awards Gala to be held on August 10, 2011 at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, CA.
Executives nominated for the ISE® West Award in the Executive category are defined as leaders who improve their organization’s risk management, data asset protection, privacy and network security efforts while proactively implementing security technology and processes. Judges evaluated these leading nominees based on the following criteria: responsibilities, aligning security with the business, leadership, vision of the future, applying innovation, and building technology partnerships. Nominees include:
- Grace Crickette, Chief Risk Officer, University of California
- Jamil Farshchi, CISO, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Carl Fong, CISO, Orange County Department of Education
- Justin Kwong, Sr. Director IT Operations and Security, 24 Hour Fitness
- Spencer Mott, CISO, Electronic Arts
- Van Nguyen, Director Information Security, Synopsys, Inc.
- Sherry Ryan, CISO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
- Steven Salaets, Director of Global Security & Compliance, Rimini Street
- Richard Seiersen, Principal Solutions Engineer, Kaiser Permanente
- Jeffrey Shyshka, Deputy CIO for Service Engineering, Department of Veteran Affairs
- David Tyson, CISO, Pacific Gas & Electric
- Mike Wilson, VP & CISO, McKesson Corporation
The ISE® West Award in the Project category garnered an outstanding range of information security projects that were deployed and completed in the last 12-18 months and have had the greatest positive impact within their organization. Judges evaluate projects based on scope, defined goals, ability to execute and overall results achieved for the organization. Nominees and their project titles include:
- Kaiser Permanente: Operational Risk Management Project
- Los Alamos National Laboratory: CSIRT Transformation
- McKesson Corporation: ISO Certification
- NV Energy: Identity & Access Management (SAMIAM)
- Paramount Pictures: Video Lifecycle Management
- Pacific Gas & Electric: Enterprise Security Technology Strategy
“We’re pleased to announce that the ISE® Programs were chosen as the third most attended programs for IT Security Executives in 2011. They function as an idea incubator, provide a channel for research, education and information sharing, speed knowledge transfer and promote best practices,” said Marci McCarthy, CEO and President of T.E.N. Eligible nominees were selected from the U.S. western region including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Nominations are sent to T.E.N.’s distinguished panel of ISE® judges for review and scoring. Judges have the final approval in determining whether an executive or project team is qualified to participate as a nominee at either the regional or national level. Finalists and winners are not announced publicly until the evening of the awards.
The ISE® West Distinguished Panel of Judges for this year’s awards include:Izak Mutlu, VP of Information Security, Salesforce.com
- Rich Jackson, CPO and General Manager, Chevron
- Melody Pereira, VP IT Governance & CISO, MGM Resorts International
- David Matthews, Deputy CISO, City of Seattle
- Matthew Archibald, Managing Director, CPO/CISO, Applied Materials, Inc.
- Justin Somaini, CISO, Yahoo!
- Josh Davis, Information Security & Risk Management, Qualcomm
- Drew Maness, VP of Worldwide Content Protection & Anti-Piracy, Technicolor
- Michael Barrett, CISO, PayPal
T.E.N., a national technology and information security executive networking organization, facilitates communication between technology and security executives to interact with peers, industry visionaries and solutions providers. Selected as a 2010 TAG Excalibur Award winner, T.E.N hosts the Information Security Executive® (ISE®) Awards Program Series, live and virtual executive roundtables, road shows and private executive engagements. For more information, visit www.ten-inc.com and www.iseprograms.com.