Atlanta, GA (August 26, 2010) –T.E.N., a technology and information security executive networking and relationship-marketing firm announced that nominations have closed for the ISE® Northeast Awards 2010. Finalists and winners of the Information Security Executive™ Awards for both Executive and Project categories will be announced at the ISE® Northeast Executive Forum and Awards Gala to be held on October 7, 2010 at the Westin Times Square in New York, NY.
Executives nominated for the ISE® Northeast Award in the Executive category are defined as leaders who improve their organization’s risk management, data asset protection, privacy and network security efforts while proactively implementing security technology and processes. Judges evaluated nominees based on the following criteria: responsibilities, aligning security with the business, leadership, vision of the future, applying innovation, and building technology partnerships. Nominees include:
- Daniel Conroy, Managing Director and Head of Information Security Group, BNY Mellon Corporation
- Chester Davis, Chief Information Security Officer, Campbell Soup
- Thomas Dunbar, Global IT Chief Security Officer, XL Global Services, a member of XL Group PLC
- James Kastle, Sr. Business & Information Technology President of Information Security & Risk, VWR International, LLC
- John Kirkwood, Vice President and Global Chief Information Security Officer, Royal Ahold
- John Masserini,Chief Information Security Officer, Dow Jones
- Larry Whiteside, Chief Information Security Office, Visiting Nurse Service of New York
- Gerry Young, Secretariat Chief Information Officer, Executive Office of Housing & Economic Development, State of Massachusetts
- Bob Zandoli, Chief Information Security Officer, MetLife
The ISE® Northeast Award in the Project category garnered an outstanding range of information security projects that were deployed and completed in the last 12-18 months as well as have had the greatest positive impact within their organization. Judges evaluate projects based on scope, defined goals, ability to execute and overall results achieved for the organization. Nominees and their project titles include:
- AT&T: The Voltage Project
- ComputerShare: Automated User Access Certification for SAS 70
- Endurance Services Ltd: Shared Services Security Initiatives
- Heartland Payment Systems: E3™ Project
- ING: Security Monitoring Project (SMP)
- Lockheed Martin: The I Campaign
- MERCK: IT Risk & Compliance Management Integration
- University of Georgetown / George Washington University: Collaborative Cyber Security Response
Eligible nominees were selected from the U.S. Northeast region including Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.
Nominations are sent to T.E.N.’s distinguished panel of ISE® judges for review and scoring. Judges have the final approval in determining whether an executive or project team is qualified to participate as a nominee at either the regional or national level. Finalists and winners are not announced publicly until the evening of the awards.
The ISE® Northeast Distinguished Panel of Judges for this year’s awards include:
- Eben Berry, CISO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Paul de Graaff, Global Information Security Officer, AIG
- Deborah A. Snyder, CISO, NY State Office of Temporary and Disability
Assistance, Division of Legal Affairs
- Mark Coderre, Head of Security Architecture, Aetna
- Bradley Maiorino, CISO, GE Corporate Division, General Electric
- Jim Routh, Global Head of Application Security, JP Morgan Chase
- John Walp, Administrative Vice President and CISO, M&T Bank Corporation
"The ISE® program provides a unique experience for security professionals to network and openly share ideas and success stories. Thank you so much for advancing excellence and promoting the profession," said Vicki Miller, ISE® Central People’s Choice Winner 2010.
T.E.N. is a national technology and information security executive networking and relationship marketing organization, facilitates interaction with peers, industry visionaries and solutions providers. Executive programs include the Information Security Executive (ISE®) Program Series, roundtables, receptions, and marketing programs. For more information, visit http://www.ten-inc.com and http://www.iseprograms.com