ATLANTA - May 4, 2010 - T.E.N., a technology and information security executive networking and relationship-marketing firm announced that nominations have closed for the ISE® Central Awards 2010. Finalists and winners of the Information Security Executive Awards for both Executive and Project categories will be announced at the ISE® Central Executive Awards on June 9, 2010 at the Westin Park Central Hotel in Dallas, Texas.
Executives nominated for the ISE® Central Award in the Executive Category are defined as leaders who improve their organization’s risk management, data asset protection, privacy and network security efforts while proactively implementing security technology and processes. Judges evaluated these leading nominees based on the following criteria: responsibilities, aligning security with the business, leadership, vision of the future, applying innovation, and building technology partnerships. Nominees include:
- Ed Bellis, VP and CISO, Orbitz
- Wayne Browning, Senior Vice-President and Director, Citi Global Consumer Group
- Adrian Butler, Vice President, IT-Telecommunications & Support Services, Accor North America
- Frank Caserta, CSO, Acxiom
- Vickie Miller, Director of Information Security, FICO
- Ken Sidon, President, Antares Management Solutions and EVP/CIO, Medical Mutual Services
- Donald "John" Boyle, CISO, Cooper Industries
- Brenda Callaway, Executive Director, Health Care Service Corporation
- Jack Key, VP, CISO and Chief Privacy Officer, USAA
- Chad Renfro, Information Security Executive, Bank of America
- Julie Talbot-Hubbard, Director of IT Risk and Security Management, Cardinal Health
The ISE® Central Award in the Project Category garnered an outstanding range of information security projects that were deployed and completed in the last 12-18 months as well as have had the greatest positive impact within their organization Projects are evaluated by judges based on project scope, defined goals, ability to execute and overall results achieved for the organization. Nominees and their project titles include:
- Antares Management Solutions & Medical Mutual of Ohio: ISO 27001 Implementation and Certification Project
- Cardinal Health: IT Risk Assessment Project
- CenterPoint Energy: Identity Governance Implementation Project
- FairIsaac: Security In the Cloud Project
- Michigan State University: Kellogg Center PCI-DSS Project
- Nationwide: PCI Compliance Project
- Northrop Grumman: GRC – Governance, Risk and Compliance Project
- PSC: Implementation of IT Controls Project
- Southern Union Company: Network Access Control Project
- Southwest Airlines: Self-Service Based Password Management Project
- TXU: TXUE Roles Rebuild Project
- USAA: USAA Info Sec Authentication Program
“The ISE® Awards have become the prestigious addition to any security executive’s portfolio of accomplishments. Nominees and winners alike attain a level of industry recognition that is unmatched anywhere else,” said Marci McCarthy, CEO and President of T.E.N. Eligible nominees were selected from the U.S. Central Region including Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
- Nominations are sent to T.E.N.’s distinguished panel of ISE® judges for review and scoring. Judges have the final approval in determining whether an executive or project team is qualified to participate as a nominee at either the regional or national level. Finalists and winners are not announced publicly until the evening of the awards.
The ISE® Central Disinguished Panel of Judges for this year’s awards include:
- Phil Agcaoili, CISO, Cox Communications
- Richard E. Burk, VP, IT Operation, AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group
- Gene Scriven, CISO and VP, Sabre Holdings
- Brian Wrozek, IT Security Director, Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Matthew Archibald, Managing Director and CISO, Applied Materials, Inc.
- James Carpenter, CSO, Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Cynthia Whitley, CISO, Allstate
About Tech Exec Networks, Inc. (T.E.N.)
Tech Exec Networks (T.E.N.), a national technology and information security executive networking and relationship marketing organization, facilitates interaction with peers, industry visionaries and solutions providers. Executive programs include the Information Security Executive (ISE®) Program Series, roundtables, receptions, and marketing programs. For more information, visit www.ten-inc.com.