ATLANTA - October 28, 2009 - The winners of the Information Security Executive (ISE®) of the Year and the Project of the Year North America Awards for 2009 were announced today. The awards recognize the information security executives and their teams who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in risk management, data asset protection, regulatory compliance, privacy, and network security across the United States and Canada.
The awards were held on Tuesday evening, October 27, 2009 at the Gaylord National Resort, in Washington DC, where industry leaders and their project teams from across the United States were honored in the categories of Government and Commercial for their achievements in information security.Winners of the ISE® North America Executive of the Year Award in each category include:
- Government - Jerry L. Davis, Deputy Chief Information Officer for IT Security, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Commercial - Paul Connelly, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, Hospital Corporation of America (HCA)
- Government - Robert Maley, Chief Information Security Officer, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Mark Weatherford, Chief Information Security Officer, State of California
- Commercial- Tim Callahan, First Vice President, Enterprise Technology Risk Management and Chief Information Security Officer, People's United Bank, Todd Colvin, Director of Enterprise Data Security, Paychex, Inc., Anne Kuhns, Vice-President, Information Security & Chief Information Security Officer, The Walt Disney Company and Max M. Morris, Vice President and Manager of Security Threat Analysis, Enterprise Information Management Operations, Wells Fargo & Company
- Government - Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, “Safeguarding Citizen Data”, Executive Sponsor, Robert Maley, Chief Information Security Officer
- Commercial – Lockheed Martin Corporation, “Security Intelligence Center”, Executive Sponsor, Anne Mullins, Chief Information Security Officer, Vice President of Corporate Information Security
- Government – NASA, “NASA Security Operations Center”, Executive Sponsor, Chris C. Kemp, Chief Information Officer and U.S. Department of Defense, “Application Software Assurance Center of Excellence”, Executive Sponsor, Gregory Garcia, Director, 754th Electronic Systems Group
- Commercial – Proctor and Gamble, “Enterprise Applications Security Service”, Executive Sponsor, Bill Sage, Associate Director, Information Security and Qualcomm, “Qualcomm Partner Identity Management”, Norm Fjeldheim, Chief Information Officer
The ISE® People’s Choice Award was awarded to Anne Kuhns, Vice-President, Information Security & Chief Information Security Officer, The Walt Disney Company. She received the award from her community of peers attending the event who voted her as the executive who best exemplifies information security leadership.
The ISE® Luminary Leadership Award was presented to Larry Brock, Chief Information Security Officer, DuPont, for his outstanding contributions to the information security industry.
"The security executives that were recognized at the awards represent the who’s who across the country,” said Marci McCarthy, CEO of the ISE® Awards. “These are the executives leading change and delivering results for their organizations and their recognition was hard earned and well deserved.”