ATLANTA - November 18, 2008 - Today the winners for the Information Security Executive (ISE®) of the Year and Project of the Year North America Awards for 2008 was announced.
The Gaylord National Resort, Washington, D.C. was the place to be on the evening of Monday, November 17, 2008, where over 50 industry leaders and project teams from across the United States were honored in the areas of Academic, Government, and Commercial for their achievements in information security.
Winners of the ISE® North America Executive of the Year Award in each category included:
- Academic - Scott Ksander, Executive Director IT Networks and Security, Chief Information Security Officer, Purdue University
- Government - Robert F. Lentz, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Information and Identity Assurance, US Department of Defense
- Commercial - Christopher Leach, Chief Information Security Officer and Senior Vice President, ACS (Affiliated Computer Services Inc.).
Finalists for this included:
- Government - Phil Heneghan, Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Privacy Officer & Interim Chief Information Officer, US Agency for International Development and Michael J. Castagna, Chief Information Security Officer, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Commercial - included Larry Brock, Chief Information Security Officer, DuPont; Bruce Jones, Head of Global IT Security & Risk, Eastman Kodak Company; Max Morris, Vice President, Corporate Information Security Threat Intelligence Services, Wachovia and Chris Tignor, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, Capital One Financial, Richmond
The ISE® North America Project of the Year Award recognized teams and their information security projects completed in the past 12 to 18 months. Those winners included:
- Academic - Temple University
- Government - US Office of Management and Budget
- Commercial - Northrop Grumman Corporation.
The evening was topped off with the ISE® People's Choice Award that was awarded to Christopher Leach, Chief Information Security Officer and Senior Vice President of ACS. He received the award from the community of peers attending the event who voted him as the executive with the most exemplary attributes of a leader in the security industry.
In addition to the awards ceremony, the nominees and executives participated in three days of events, including the CSI Executive Retreat.
Marci McCarthy, CEO of T.E.N., said, "The stature of the ISE® Award is validated by the prominent class of finalists and winners at this year's event. The judges did not have an easy task to choose a winner from each of the categories due to the great lineup of nominees; however, what made their job difficult is exactly what makes the ISE® Award Gala a resounding success."