Atlanta, GA (August 18, 2011) –T.E.N., a technology and information security executive networking and relationship-marketing firm announced that nominations have closed for the ISE® Northeast Awards 2011. Finalists and winners of the Information Security Executive® Awards for both Executive and Project categories will be announced at the ISE® Northeast Executive Forum and Awards Gala to be held on October 6, 2011 at the Westin Times Square in New York, NY.
Executives nominated for the ISE® Northeast Award in the Executive category are defined as leaders who improve their organization’s risk management, data asset protection, privacy and network security efforts while proactively implementing security technology and processes. Judges evaluated these leading nominees based on the following criteria: responsibilities, aligning security with the business, leadership, vision of the future, applying innovation, and building technology partnerships. Nominees include:
- Cathy Beech, Chief Information Security Officer, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- James Beeson, Chief Information Security Officer, GE Capital
- Roland Cloutier, Vice President, Chief Security Officer, ADP
- Mark Connelly, Chief Information Security Officer, ITT
- Steve Elefant, Chief Information Officer, Heartland Payment Systems
- Sean Hart, Head of Security Services, Aetna
- Todd Levy, VP, Information Security Officer Alternative Investment Solutions Division, State Street Corp.
- Jeffrey Lolley, Director of Information Security, Hogan Lovells US LLP
- Laz Montano, VP of International Information Security, IT Risk and Compliance, MetLife
- Joe Wynn, Information Security Director, Education Management Corporation
The ISE® Northeast Award in the Project category garnered an outstanding range of information security projects that were deployed and completed in the last 12-18 months and have had the greatest positive impact within their organization. Judges evaluate projects based on scope, defined goals, ability to execute and overall results achieved for the organization. Nominees and their project titles include:
- Aetna: IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance Program (IT GRC)
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia: Role Based Security - EPIC System
- Deutsche Bank: IT Security Exposure Tool (ITSET)
- GE Capital: Highly Privileged Access Monitoring and Control for Windows Servers
- GE Capital: High Privilege Account Management
- Heartland Payment Systems: E3™ End-to-End Encryption
- HMS: Enterprise Security, Identity Management & Access Governance
- McGraw Hill Companies: Security Oversight and Risk Assessment (S.O.A.R.) Portal Project
- MetLife: Application Security Development for Continued Education and Development
- NYC Information Technology & Telecommunications: Security Consolidation with McAfee Cloud Services
- State Street: User Access Request (UAR) System
- U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs: Advanced SIEM for VA OI&T Region 1
“We’re pleased to announce that the ISE® Programs were chosen as the third most attended programs for IT Security Executives in 2011. They function as an idea incubator, provide a channel for research, education and information sharing, speed knowledge transfer and promote best practices,” said Marci McCarthy, CEO and President of T.E.N. Eligible nominees were selected from the U.S. U.S. Northeast region including Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington DC.
Nominations are sent to T.E.N.’s distinguished panel of ISE® judges for review and scoring. Judges have the final approval in determining whether an executive or project team is qualified to participate as a nominee at either the regional or national level. Finalists and winners are not announced publicly until the evening of the awards.
The ISE® Northeast Distinguished Panel of Judges for this year’s awards include:
- Carl Burgess, Director, IT Security, QVC
- Chester Davis, Chief Information Security Officer, Campbell Soup
- Paul de Graaff, Global Information Security Officer, AIG
- Thomas Dunbar, Global IT Chief Security Officer, XL Global Services
- Gene Fredriksen, Chief Information Security Officer, Tyco, International
- John Masserini, Chief Information Security Officer, Miami Holdings, Inc.
- Jim Routh, Global Head of Application Security, JP Morgan Chase
- Deborah A. Snyder, Chief Information Security Officer, NY State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance, Division of Legal Affairs
- John Walp, Administrative Vice President and CISO, M&T Bank Corporation
T.E.N., a national technology and information security executive networking organization, facilitates communication between technology and security executives to interact with peers, industry visionaries and solutions providers. Selected as a 2010 TAG Excalibur Award winner, T.E.N hosts the Information Security Executive® (ISE®) Awards Program Series, live and virtual executive roundtables, road shows and private executive engagements. For more information, visit www.ten-inc.com and www.iseprograms.com.