Atlanta, GA (August 3, 2010) –T.E.N., a technology and information security executive networking and relationship-marketing firm announced that nominations have closed for the ISE® West Awards 2010. Winners, finalists and qualified nominees will be recognized at the ISE® West Executive Forum and Awards to be held on September 16, 2010 at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, CA. The ISE® West Awards are held in conjunction with a one day Executive Forum which includes keynote speakers, interactive roundtables moderated by the CISOs and VPs of participating companies, and panel discussions.
Executives nominated for the ISE® West Award in the Executive category are defined as leaders who improve their organization’s risk management, data asset protection, privacy and network security efforts while proactively implementing security technology and processes. Judges evaluated these leading nominees based on the following criteria: responsibilities, aligning security with the business, leadership, vision of the future, applying innovation, and building technology partnerships. Nominees include:
- Matthew Archibald, Managing Director and CISO, Applied Materials
- Michael Barrett, Chief Information Security Officer, VP Information Risk Management, PayPal
- Eddie Borrero, Director of Information Security, Robert Half International
- Tom Borton, Director, IT Security and Compliance, Cost Plus World Market
- Nialls Browne, Chief Information Security Officer, LiveOps
- Drew Manness,Vice President of Worldwide Content Protection and Anti-Piracy, Technicolor
- Van Ngyen, Director, IT Security, Synopsis, Inc.
- John Sapp, Director, Product Development Standards—Security, Risk & Compliance, McKesson
The ISE® West Award in the Project category garnered an outstanding range of information security projects that were deployed and completed in the last 12-18 months as well as have had the greatest positive impact within their organization. Projects are evaluated by judges based on project scope, defined goals, ability to execute and overall results achieved for the organization. Nominees and their project titles include:
- Applied Materials: Global Risk Management and Compliance Program
- Intuit: Automated Identity Governance
- Qualcomm: VCR (Virtual Clean Room) San Diego
- Robert Half International: Global Data Leakage Prevention (DLP)
"The ISE® Awards have become the prestigious addition to any security executive’s portfolio of accomplishments. Nominees and winners alike attain a level of industry recognition that is unmatched anywhere else," said Marci McCarthy, CEO and President of T.E.N. Eligible nominees are selected from the western U.S. region including Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Nominations are sent to T.E.N.’s distinguished panel of ISE® judges for review and scoring. Judges have the final approval in determining whether an executive or project team is qualified to participate as a nominee at either the regional or national level. Finalists and winners are not announced publicly until the evening of the awards. The ISE® West Distinguished Panel of Judges for this year’s awards include:
- Curtis Coleman, Information Security Officer, Seagate Technology
- Bob Frank, Vice President, IT Security, CISO, Apollo Group
- David Matthews, Deputy Chief Information Security Officer, City of Seattle
- Izak Mutlu, VP of Information Security, Salesforce.com
- Melody Pereira, VP IT Governance & Chief Information Security Officer, MGM Resorts International
- Nils Puhlmann, Chief Security Officer, Zynga Game Network
T.E.N. is a national technology and information security executive networking and relationship marketing organization, facilitates interaction with peers, industry visionaries and solutions providers. Executive programs include the Information Security Executive (ISE®) Program Series, roundtables, receptions, and marketing programs. For more information, visit http://www.ten-inc.com and http://www.iseprograms.com